Friday, October 15, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Michael Dyer Thursday

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

I really wish the game was on any other channel - I will be using the mute button a lot if I watch. I love Verne but that other guy - come on, man - frosted hair and a fake tan? Are you trying out for "Dancing with the Stars" or are you calling a football game? $5 he mentions Alabama and Florida multiple times each during the game. He will definitely insult Arkansas multiple times. And he will miss key plays and penalties because he is yammering on about something or other. Thanks for the ominous warning about this week and your selection of games. I am using my mediocre record this season and hopefully reverse psychology of picking Auburn will throw some mojo the Razorbacks way - because they will need it. -- Kate D.

I think another prize up for grabs should be a "big war Eagle" - not sure what it is but wouldn't mind winning one. -- Tom Van Damme

IA (This is for GUS, I picked MI) -- Trip

-

Regards from Big O:

Win or lose Saturday, my rescue/companion dog (definately half boxer and, per vet's guess, part Great Dame) "Rowdy" is built like a linebacker, quick as a defensive back and attacks like a defensive end...he will take on and defeat any dog owned by any of your pool members who chose, ill advised, to give me or any Auburn fan grief before or after the game Saturday. Incidently, my dog is bigger and tougher than Lee's boxer of a decade or more ago named after linebacker Tekeo Spikes (Rowdy continues Lee's or my tendency to name our dogs after AU sports persons, in this case Rowdy Gaines). Getting on with it, nothing really surprising about these picks: 1) Auburn (our 40th place defense nationally is based upon playing some rather good offenses compared to your Hog's higher ranking against lesser offensive minded teams, and we have a top ranking offense total yards wise that balances its attack); 2) USC (because they are playing at home the week and really mad -- embarassment does that to some -- after that agent exposed in SI how often their players are paid while still at college while also revealing how few buyable players play for Cal); 3) Iowa (because Michigan really, really isn't very good even at home); 4) Texas (shame over their earlier year performances coupled with the lure of bonus points over come the home field/better defense advantages for the Corn Huskers -- rather lame nickname if you ask me -- should lead to an upset); 5) Wisconsin (home field advantage coupled with the ability to defense OSU's QB coupled with the Buckeye's tendency to melt under fire from a decent team support this pick). Well, that's all folks until I return to LR Sunday either with my shield or on it. War Cam Eagle and unleash Big Michael!

-

I will return to my tradition of not picking Razorback games this week after my brief hiatus. I definitely can't risk jinxing the Hogs this week. -- Brendan O.

-

Fun With Aubie Jones:

Auburn - I have to pick Auburn but I seem to be more disappointed at the end of these games than not. Our defensive weakness is mainly with our db's so this game really has me nervous. It could be high scoring for sure.

USC - Lane Kiffen is the biggest douche bag in college football and I hope he loses this game but the talent is there regardless of his sorry coaching abilities.

Michigan - Who is Iowa??

Nebraska - The Horns suck. Nuff said.

Wisconsin - They will be "Jumping Around" in Wisconsin during and after this game. Hopefully.

-

Man, you forgot the part where Trey bought Dyer some merchandise. Picking Auburn but would take Arkansas at Auburn if Nutt was still coaching the Hogs. -- Jerry W., 2010 World Cup Pool Champion (I got my only 5-0 in the history of the pool when I signed my picks that way. This is my new strategy.)

-

Jeff G. Presents "How to go 2-3":

1) "I'm not going to fall of your temptations of bonus points this week."

2) "at first glance I would not be that surprised if USC pulled the upset. Then I watched that 'Bama/Florida game. One of the SI guys said it best when he characterized ‘Bama as the Death Star."

3) Miami beat the hell out of Pitt and I think Pitt is better than FSU. Add to that the history of this game and I think Miami takes this one easily.

SW Classic was cool. Hard to keep disciplined and watch the actual game instead of that giant screen, esp. when the resolution is so good that you could see the sweat on the cheerleader’s upper lips. Nice. Real nice.

Auburn – I don’t think we’re good enough. Not on the road. Hope I’m wrong.

USC – I wonder if we can play USC in Cowboys stadium. Big monitor + USC Song Girls = “What happened? Did someone just score?”

Iowa – I like Iowa’s D to bottle up UM. I don’t like Rich Rod.

NU – no exposure to Big 12 games this year, so I’m going with the homers.

The Cheese a/k/a Wisconsin – going with my gut. Hopefully this will not be another quote to prove how dumb I am.

-

Faldon's Other Five Thoughts:

Auburn — Forget sports for a moment, did you see that mine rescue in Chile? More importantly, did you see Larry King's coverage of it? They're pulling these guys out, one-by-one, via a coffin-sized capsule. It took/takes nearly 20 minutes to pull them out. Yet what does King do? He brings on Mike Rowe, the very likable host of "Dirty Jobs." Because, I guess, Rowe was the only person in a 200-mile radius who has actually been inside a mine.I guess if there's a food shortage somewhere, King will bring on Padma from Top Chef. Anyway, I was disappointed King didn't bring on David Blaine to talk about what life was like buried alive. Oh, the game? I'm not convinced Arkansas can put up a 60-minute game. Didn't against Alabama. Didn't against A&M. Might not against Auburn.

California - Those hippies can still ball.

Michigan - Shoelace jumps back on top of the Heisman polls this week.

Nebraska - The Cornhuskers have pointed to this game since last year's Big 12 title game. Plus Texas isn't that good.

Wisconsin - Leinkugel's Brewery, Chippewa Falls > Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland

-

Seems as if Wally is proud of Michael Dyer, he features his mug on front of sports page every other week. Mike Dyer SUCKS! -- David S.

No comments: