Friday, October 15, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Auburn Friday

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

The results of my experiment are: It takes six weeks until all hell breaks loose. -- Beth S.

Danny K: Pool Poet Laureate

I hope the teams I picked will win
I can't go one and four again.
A Texas win would sure be great
And so would one from Ohio State.
USC and Auburn too
Would certainly keep me from feeling blue.
A Hawkeye win would complete the week
And save my wife from a busted cheek.

Sidebar: When my son was about 6 or 7, Iowa was playing on TV and he walks by and said, "Daddy, is it the Iowa Hawk-Eyes, or the Iowa Hawk-Guys?" Ever since then, they have been the Hawk Guys around our house.

-

Mallett better decide before tomorrow that he wants to be a smart quarterback or Auburn is going to dismantle him. -- John R.

I agree with you on Nebraska's strength of schedule. I hope Texas wins, even though not likely. The BCS system is a joke! -- Party P.

All hail the War Eagle! -- Trip

All nail biting, walk on the couch, scream at the TV match ups this week. I looked for inspiration and insight in the pages of ESPN, but their neutral styling of writing left me waiting and wanting for some Divine Intervention. Visualizations were very foggy on the Iowa-Michigan game so I went to the time tested, mother approved coin flip. Drawing a quarter from my pocket, I realized it was a State Quarter (from the popular State series). This one was minted in 2004 and represents the great Hawkeye State. Omens being what they are... I found no reason to even flip it. -- Bizzy G

Tell the Auburn contingent when they send their yearly emails back & forth about the slings & arrows they receive each year from the mean & hateful Hog fans to not hit "reply all" because some of us don't give a s##t about how hard it is to be an Auburn fan. And one other thing, lowly Arkansas has twice as many players in the NFL Hall of Fame as Auburn. -- Sir Thomas

No comments: