Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 6

"Hopefully I can turn it around, but Mr. Wells has almost doubled my score already. Damn. Nebraska–Missouri: I don’t know much about these two teams. Last year I would have said Mizzou, but I just don’t know. Hopefully Brent Musberger won’t announce the game so he can spare us his obsession with the Black Shirts. Auburn–Arkansas: I want to go on record and say I don’t like Petrino and his mid-major attitude toward defense. I didn’t like Nutt because his on-field presence (or lack thereof) leads to undisciplined bone-head plays, but at least we played D. Somebody needs to inform Petrino that scoring 45 points does you no good if your opponent scores 50." -- Jeff G.

"Auburn-Arkansas: I was impressed with what I saw regarding Auburn the other night even though Arkansas kicked some Aggie rump in Dallas. I don't think the Hog's can keep up with the Auburn offensive juggernaut... yet. BTW, Auburn is in such an isolated place in Alabama, I am convinced it was the inspiration for Field Of Dreams... they built it and they have come! Alabama-Ole Miss: Too many anti-Nutters here... I actually like the guy and think he is a great coach. Nutt somehow finds a way in at least one huge game a year to have a major upset (can you say Gators --- teee, heee!!) However, this ain't the week." -- J. Kriz

"How 'bout them Saints? Who Dat!" -- Josh M.

"Hell, just put me down for whatever Steve Wells has! And DAMN YOU for putting Arkansas in the pool! I can't pick against them, no matter who I think is going to win. It's a recessive 'female' gene that forces me to go with my heart over my head." -- Alex T.

"Nebraska - This could be a close game due to Mizzou's home field advantage but after seeing who Mizzou has played to become undefeated at this point, it's easier to pick Neb due to their pitiful schedule. They could be like the undefeated Tex A&M heading into the Ark game. Oregon - O wins due to UCLA's QB Prince's broken jaw and him not being about to call the plays in the huddle or do the snap count. Shout out to John "The Captain" Vratsinas and his team's impressive victory over the fighting red wolves of Jonesboro. Also, Chizik actually beat Iowa while at Iowa State his first year. War Eagle!" -- Seve Chang

"Wells has assumed god-like status in this pool. He's now coming to my office on Tuesdays wondering why I have not yet placed the games in his mailbox. I do hope his streak continues... I remember when he won the Classix and took his English class out for pizza on his winnings. When Wells is around, victory smells like good food..." -- Steve S.

"Does anybody else think that Lee Corso has lost a step? He's not so fast anymore, my friend. He and Lou Holtz are gonna be put out to pasture soon. Go Hogs! I'm a believer. Don't let me down." -- Aggie Mark

"Man ... 0-5 last week ... ouch. I'm going against my initial reaction to this week's picks and see where that gets me. And if I go 0-5 this week, I might as well hand my responsibilities over to David Kersey." -- Wuje the Elder

"Winner = Arkansas (with a little more sugar this Kool-Aid will taste good)." -- David M.

"It's a coming out party for Arkansas as we go undefeated the rest of the year. BTW I don’t know what I am smoking but it is some good stuff." -- Joe C.

"Well, I guaranteed that I wouldn't go 0-5 last week... barely got it with a 1-4." -- Cory I.

"This has been the worst year for me. I have not won more than two games a week. I cannot believe it but I guess I have to keep trying." -- Broderick

"I can still see my name in the standings without scrolling. Sorta like being on page 1 of a Google search." -- Danny K.

"I'll s##t in my pants if Arkansas wins, but gotta make the pick." -- DJ U-Explicit Johnson

"I can’t believe I forgot to send in the picks again. I SUCK! And I even went 4-1 last week. I really needed that." -- Mike G.

"Oregon... seriously, I thought we discussed this last weekend. I guess you were too sauced to remember, but I was fairly clear about Clemson or any Oregon school being in this pool!" -- Dr. Aristotle Ditka

"I'm picking some upsets in a desperate bid to catch Mr. Wells. I'm not real comfortable with it, but why not? He told me his secret, 'I only pick the teams I want to win' and then uses magic. Like Harry Potter magic." -- Jeremy P.

"Gotta make this quick as Sue wants to go out and grab something to eat. My picks, hopefully better than lately since I'm not over thinking them, are as follows: 1) Missouri (for no other reason than they had more Confereates during the distant War of Northern Agression); 2)Auburn (putting my mouth where my money is); 3) Alabama (dad gum it, Ole Miss is just too undependable to pick them as an upset, no matter what I really want to happen, and I'm tired of Lee's post weekend smack talk); 4) UCLA (because I'm stubborn about not picking these quackers); and 5) Florida (because if we don't win the west I want some one capable of beating them to be at the SEC Championship game). Watch out Fayetteville, I have it on well-qualified authority born in Arkansas that we're going to beat the Hogs at home again, this time by 3 touchdowns since the Hiogs can't stop a cold." -- Big O

"As suggested by the Walmart greeter: Missouri, Auburn, Bama, Oregon, Florida" -- Professor Rab

"I am once again not picking the Razorback Game." -- Brendan O.

No comments: