Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Insider's Report:
Mr. Wells and the Method of Pool Success

An anonymous source provides the following insider report on Mr. Steve Wells and his success thus far in the pool...

Some notes on the Wells' method: Many have asked how Steve Wells is picking teams so well this season. Today, I studied his tactics and have determined that this is how it all goes down: I receive the games via email and print them off for Wells (he doesn't do email... still believes fax machines are magic). Wells then grins and starts making little noises that all CHS graduates would recognize such as "be beee beee!" and "yeah, yeah" and other sound effects that others could not interpret nor could I find the proper keystrokes to phonetically spell. Maybe he's communing with the angels. Maybe he has a Beautiful Mind like Russell Crowe. He then circles the teams of his choice and hands his picks back to me and always says something like, "Well, we'll see where the old English teacher ends up this week. Heh heh heh..." I finally asked him his system today. I finally ventured into the realm of Wells World to try to decipher just how he's doing so... well. He said, "I pick the teams that I want to see win. Period. Bee beeee beee!" And he's off to class again. Let me underscore this point: it takes Mr. Steve Wells exactly 45 seconds to pick his teams each week. Of those 45 seconds, 21 of them include the time it takes for my ancient printer to reel off Dishongh's emails.

No comments: