Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bits and pieces, plus Mad Lib!

Math is hard: Arkansas is a hard team to figure. I've seen them play live twice and I'm still not sure if the team that played against Mizzou State was the same team that beat Auburn.

In praise of $14.99: No really, Mexico Chiquito is running a two can dine for $14.99 deal and it is fantastic. With drinks, no booze, we skated out of there for less than twenty bucks and got food in styrofoam to eat later. Do it. Now!

I've been busy: No really, I've been busy and couldn't get to posting anything last week. It doesn't help that the Internet at the house is on the fritz. The phone company doesn't know why either.

Week 8 Mad Libs

Let’s face it, Houston Nutt is a great coach. He is the best thing that could happen to a program like Ole Miss. My favorite Nutt moment at Arkansas was when he jangled the keys, change, and cell phone in his pocket and said “now Jeremy, do you understand what I’m saying?” and I was like, "umm, yeah, I'm not a complete idiot." But that was just the voice in my head, in reality I just nodded. If only Gus Malzahn had been exposed earlier, the Razorbacks might be in middling shape now. Now he’s at Auburn where he is running the offense with piddling results for Gene Chizik, who was a odd hire. War Plainsmen to LSU, where it smells like corndogs all the time. Arkansas now has Bobby Petrino, who likes to yell mother fracker on the sidelines when the kicker fracks a field goal. Petrino also said, “durnit, I miss Battlestar Galactica, so say we all.” Should be an interesting weekend in which I will go I have no idea because of the ACC game and I’m puzzled by TCU and BYU as well and Arkansas is worth bonus points despite my feeling that Ole Miss will win, the bonus points are worth just too much since all the Piggies fans will pick Arkansas and pick up points that would bury me even deeper in the standings if they win and Mr. Steve Wells will do better than me.

For $800 and the Ramon Escobar Trophy, which Jeremy Peppas plans to put beside his other Ramon Escobar Trophy, select your games and e-mail them back to me by 6 p.m. Thursday and be glad you do not have to watch the result of Clemson-Miami game like Bobby Knight might.

No comments: