Monday, September 14, 2009

Red fish, blue fish, one fish, two fish

Back by popular request, no really, I got an e-mail asking where this was.
Who knew?
After reading the some of the responses, I thought the Piggie fans were going to march on my house with pitchforks and torches and maybe the did. I was in Orlando, so who know who swung by?
*shrug*

Since I was traveling, and didn't want to drop the $14.95 for internet access at Orlando's Rosen Shingle Creek Resort — stupid name, but a really nice place, I didn't post on Sunday. Sorry Fan! Or should it be Fan(s)?

So now it is Monday and in a tribute to the great Scott Faldon, who shamelessly ripped off the less-great Peter King, Five things I think I think:

1) Arkansas is going to lose to Georgia — big. Did anyone catch the Georgia-South Carolina game? After marching around Islands of Adventure, exhaustion caught up with us, and we camped out in the hotel for some football. Georgia is good and, at this point, simply better than Arkansas. The same can be said of South Carolina, but they might slide towards the end of the season. Both teams have better QBs than Arkansas and the laughable notion that Tyler Wilson is somehow the fourth best QB in the SEC despite the fact that he had to learn to take a snap from center when he got to Fayetteville. If he's really that good, why stay? So he could get switched to tight end like the kid from Camden who was the next great, in-state quarterback, who never managed to play quarterback at Arkansas.

2) Ohio State should switch to pink as the team color or maybe Tressel's vest should be pink from now on. You kick a field goal when it is 4th and 1 on the 1-yard line and then you end up losing down the stretch. Carroll had no trouble going for it, and USC won. That's what winner do, go for it. Ohio State deserved to lose and ESPN's Herbstreit should have cut loose on him but he didn't. Huh, I wonder why he didn't? Oh, Herbie played at Ohio State, still lives in Columbus and his kids all wear OSU gear when they go to games with their dad? Moving on.

3) Arkansas will win one of its next six games and that's all. I'm looking at you Texas A&M. Ring up loses to Georgia, 'Bama, Auburn, Florida and Ole Miss. Five and seven is looking more and more right. The swing game is South Carolina. Who knows where the 'Cocks heads will be at then?

4) A hardcore Razorback fan, who I know, had some unkind words for me when I pointed he was more worried about how Snead played at Ole Miss against Memphis than how Arkansas did. Isn't it about time for the hardcores to let Nutt go and move on? But now, much like the gay cowboys in Brokeback Mountain, they "just can't quit" Nutt. Stem the rose indeed.

5) Seuss Land rules! This isn't something I think, this is something I know.

No comments: