Thursday, October 23, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Actual calls from actual listeners...

"Wally Hall is a moron. Anyway, I'll be cheering for Ole Miss. Not only will I be cheering, I'm hoping Ole Miss wins big and Nutt charges into the stands to lead Ole Miss's band in a victory song. I'd then hope he'd kick Lanny Beavers and Wally in their respective junks. In the words of Tim Brando, 'Ole Miss is the best 3-4 team in the country.'" -- Jeremy P.

"Can't say I was ever a Nutt fan, even from the beginning. I did not like his demeanor on the sideline - looked out of control - and I always felt that kind of spastic behavior filtered down to the players and accounted for their lack of discipline on the field, stupid plays, etc. That being said, I didn't like the way he went out, from his end or that of the 'fans'. But one thing has already been proven a constant with Nutt now that he's in Oxford - he'll win games he is supposed to lose and just as often lose games he is supposed to win." -- Jeff G.

"Sorry, hate to pick against the Hogs, but I'm looking forward to Nutt's revenge." -- Paul H.

"Your choice matchups having me praying for rain (at least in Red Bank, NJ) to relieve me of my previous commitment to hang up Halloween decorations and get a pumpkin. While my 7 year old daughter would be disappointed to be rained out, the consolation prize will be to get daddy a napkin before mommy sees the dropped wing on the couch!" -- Greg Biz

"I used the same online ouija as Senor Dailey, but it seems I summoned the spirit of Shannon Hoon because when I questioned the Arkansas/Ole Miss game the reply came back 'czhat.' I called a heroin addicted friend of mine and he said that was clearly an Arkansas pick." -- DJ U-Explicit Johnson

"Never a good idea to pick so few home teams, but I am doing it anyway. Who needs $800? Probably a good idea to wear a rain coat to the game on Saturday - Mom told me you are going to be one of the fans cheering for Ole Miss and the rain coat should protect you from the spit hurled at you." -- Kate D.

"I hate Houston Dale Nutt. I hope he trips on his way to the stadium, falls into the street, and Nolan runs him over with his car!" -- Joe C.

"I noticed how you're sharing the extra money in the prizes. Just like a democrat sharing the wealth. On a serious note, that was nice of Wells to create that for Catholic alums and I do like the loser award because it's definitely just as difficult to go 0-5 if you're really picking." -- BR

"Ole Miss-Arkansas - Winner: Won't Pick. I've quit picking Arkansas games in case you didn't remember that from last year. It hasn't been a problem this year." -- Brendan O.

"I drank moonshine, that remarkably tasted like straight Popov and went down about as smooth. West Virginia fans like to cuss at you and give you the finger a lot. And finally, drinking a half liter of Captain Morgan DURING the game means you don't really remember a lot and a miserable 300 mile drive back to Philadelphia." -- Lee D. on his trip to see Auburn play at Morgantown

1 comment:

LDavis said...

Trey left me a voice mail during the game saying, "Hey, 17 - 3. I think Auburn has really turned it around this time."

I must clarify, that half liter of rum came after 7 hours of tailgating. I wish I was only dumb enough to drink a half liter that day.