Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trash Talk Digest

D Romeo predicts the Hogs season:

I am going .500 at 6-6. I think the defense will be an experiment with many growing pains, but will be coached better. To me, Herring has been the issue with AR the last few years. I did not like his scheme and the defense never (rarely) stopped the opponent when needed. Nutt has always had good offenses with a solid run game, but his problem was calling the plays in such a way that the defense "needed" to make some critical stops. The offense will likely get better but I am not sure where the defense will be.

I AM drinking the Kool Aid.... only because we have a "solid" offensive line and a good D line. I have always been sold on Casey and think he will have a banner season. The true reason for my optimism is the receivers play. I think we will see much improved performance from our receivers which I believe is better coaching. Outside of Monk (and I know that is a lot) we have gotten nothing from our receiving corp since Fitz left the hill. They were not giving Casey much to throw at...... I am not drunk on the juice, but feel good mostly from player comments.

I have been impressed with the staff's comments on players collectively and as a unit. AND I was a definite cynic thinking Petrino was overrated. We will see in five days!!!!

No comments: