Sunday, August 17, 2008

Archives from 2007

King's Things:
News & Views from Around the Tournament

Switch it... Taking the lead after the first weekend is Aubie Jones, who has Florida winning it all and Pitt in the Final Four. In other words, the pool is still wide open... I'll put the whisk up against any invention... The problem with picking Memphis to go very far is that they still have John Calipari as head coach... I will never understand why they stopped fielding a men's basketball team at the University of Arkansas five years ago... Am I the only one who likes the hell out of some soy sauce?... Special thanks to my upset specials Oral Roberts and Long Beach State for coming through for me this year... In my day, the kids didn't sit around all day staring overseas through the computer... To me, the NCAA tournament did not officially start until I heard Tim Brando say "the iron unkind" on Saturday... 24, Kobe? I don't think so... I have no idea who the following names in the standings belong to: arkie-boy, UgandaChimichanga, shaznbudd, unclenay, Shuuto, Nostrahogmas. If you know who any of these people are, have them send me an e-mail to let me know what name they entered under... Wow, some no name from the world of golf sinks a putt and they expect me to watch the Masters for that?... The guy at North Carolina with the mask needs to give Mankind his gimmick back... There's "Bassin' Mexico," then there's all the other shows I'd like to be named as lifetime host... Until next time, let's go back to Bristol.


Ramon's Escoblog

If I were ever on the phone with Derrick Coleman and Jay-Z, I wouldn't know the difference... Is there anything better for breakfast than pancakes?...I still say Chunky A was funny... I'm still trying to figure out why four-square was so popular in eighth grade... I don't know what European country this Adam Morrison character came from, but I wish David Stern would send him back... My three favorite words of summer are "Here's So Taguchi" as said be Dan McGlaughlin... I like LeBron, but to me he's more of a sixth man... The tropical fruit Tums experiment should be ended... So what Cena put the F-U on Big Show. Call me when he's got him in the Hennig-plex... If you're talking about Fritos, you better be talking about the large size bag... You never hear about Portugal... In my day, March Madness meant following the Razorbacks in the NCAA tournament. Then they fired Nolan... Every game in the Final Four should start with whatever the guy from Iron Chef is saying as competition commences in Kitchen Stadium... Who is still ordering transcripts of television shows? I mean, who are these people?... 50 Cent can reconcile with The Game, but if his feud was with Frank he'd still be writing raps about him... Until next time, let's go back to Bristol.

-

The Beekeeper's NCAA haiku:

Heath's next gig
Dancing With the Stars
First to go

No comments: