Monday, September 24, 2007

Comcast Customer Service Rocks! Yeah right.

Well, after about 45 minutes on the phone with Comcast, I was finally able to purchase ESPN Gameplan pay per view games which includes New Mexico State vs. Auburn.

Their customer support is ridiculous. I started by trying to purchase the weekend package ($21.95) through the cable box. The only option I had was to buy the season package ($129). I didn't want that. So, last night I called Comcast and was on hold for a while after explaining what I wanted and finally the lady came back saying, "Well, since this is after work hours, you've getting the customer support center in Tennessee. We can't seem to find the code to use to sign you up for the package. You'll have to call your local Comcast during the hours of 8 am-10 pm tomorrow."

So, I called the Comcast number at 8:30 am Saturday morning and the message (after going through a multitude of options) basically says, "We are closed. You'll need to call during business hours which are Monday through Saturday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm." This was at 8:30 like I said. Ridiculous. So, I search online to find the local number instead of the 1-800-Comcast number I used. I finally get hold of someone and tell her what I want and she says, "I'm very new at this job and I'm not sure I can figure out how to do this for you but let me see." Wonderful. Just wonderful!

So, I hear the following comments over the next 45 minutes:
"Hmm, I can't find that station at all."
"Maybe I need to search by time. What was the time of the game again?"
"Oh darn, I guess I need to include minutes in the search."
"Maybe it's military time."
"I'll just start at the beginning of the day and scroll through and see if I can find it."
"Sir, I can't search by channel."
"It's not finding the title."
"Oh yeah, I think they sent us an email for these games that has the order code, let me check my email. Please hold."
"What game was that sir? What time again? I don't see that any where."
Me: "Can you please ask one of the people I can hear in the background if they can help you??"
"Uh, ok. Hold on."
"Okay, I've got the code, let me look through these."
"I can't figure out what the price is."
Me: "I've found the prices on the internet, google this..."
"Can you tell me the exact website you see the prices on?"
Me: "Type this in your address bar..."
"Oh, I see. That's where you come up with the prices you've told me."
"I'm seeing different prices on my computer in our system."
"Umm, I see where you can buy the one game for $32 or I see and early bird special for $27 that I'm going to give you." huh?
"Well, I'm confused, these look like payments for the whole package. I guess you can cancel them after one payment."
After much more hemming and hawing, "I need to talk to my supervisor." why the frick didn't you do this in the first place?? I exercised way too much patience this morning upon further review.
"Sir, I'm gonna have to transfer you to the local office. Hang on."

OH MY GAWD! I thought I was speaking to the damn local office in the first place.

It then took about 5 minutes with the local lady and it cost $21.95. This whole process should be totally embarrassing for Comcast. Ridiculous.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Cable sucks, switch to DirecTV.

Pool Jones said...

I've had a similar experience with Comcast at the beginning of the last two baseball seasons with various inquiries about St. Louis Cardinals games on FSN Midwest.

Anonymous said...

Matt, you are right. Comcast really does stink. They should never broadcast stupid Cardinal games on TV. I'm not seriously considering dropping them for this transgression.

Pool Jones said...

Give a Cubs fan one decent season and they get this cocky.

Anonymous said...

You know it! :-)

(by the way, I meant to say "now" instead of "not" in my previous comment)