Thursday, October 27, 2011

Live Fan Feedback: Week 9

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...


Oh,God... Clemson. -- G Biz

-

Jeff G's Weekly Line

I’m moving too close to the top, so I’m due for a letdown. Where’s Clemson? Oh, there they are…along with my other favorite – UGa. Great. Thanks.

MSU – I’m riding Sparty although I feel a loss coming. Damn that was a great game last week.

UGa – not sure why I keep doing this to myself.

Tennessee – going with my gut

Stanford – famous last words... "this one won’t even be close"

Clemson – remember when I said I was going to pick Clemson to lose from here on out just to spite them? I don’t.

-

Thanks for not putting Norte Dame on the list this week, they have always done me wrong, no matter which way I pick. -- Mike O

-

Regards From the Big O

I can't say your comment about Tub's winning accurately reflects the U fans I know best... I, for one, will always pull for Tommy except when we play his team: his ten years at AU were pretty significant in my opinion, not just as to football victories, but also in the way he rebuilt our program the right way. Enough of that, time to make my picks with less research than previously: 1) Nebraska (primarily because they are playing at home and their opponent isn't Notre Dame -- are we sure they didn't throw last week's game?); 2) Florida (because those dawgs don't really bite and, most importantly, the gators are faster and two original starters are rumored to be playing...Brantley is clearly the key to this pick); 3) South Carolina (because TN's coach is too immature and the old ball coach has had enough time to get his new QB up to par -- hopefully); 4) Stanford (while USC is much improved since I picked them over Arizona State, there's good reason they are a 7 point favorite, namely their QB); and 5) Clemson (because they're pretty good and I like their QB). Now, one final observation: you let us off the hook by not including Ole Sis at AU...obviously, by hanging in there with the hogs, the Rebel Black Bears are soooo much improved and we're using a backup QB-- oh, so are the Rebs; never mind. Regards, Oscar And Release the Kirchen for real this weekend so I can learn to Lutzie (that's his dance at bama for the uninformed)!

-

Can I make 4 picks & take an auto loss on Clemson? -- Rob O

UGA – the over/under fights in the game: 1.5, the over/under on fights outside the stadium and in the stands: 532 -- Jeff K

Clemson - can they really be #6 and only favored by 3??? -- Steve N

-

Poetry Corner

Michigan State
Made me irate
When they caught that Hail Mary pass.
Once again
The stupid Big 10
Made me smack my wife on the ass.

-

So...how on earth could I guy like me go with Clemson, for a second time after filing my C&D letter weeks ago. Well, it seems the best way to beat the curse is to join the curse. own the curse, make love to the curse in an unnatural and unprotected way... So, as I order my Clemson Football visor from Lids.com, I offer my picks as follows. -- G Biz

No comments: