Thursday, September 22, 2011

Live Fan Feedback: Week 4

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...


Jeff G breaks it down:

A&M – no clue on this one, but I bet the A&M band is better that Okie St’s, so I’ll go with them.

‘Bama – 11 point spread? No respect. ‘Bama can beat us by at least 20.

FSU – Write it down. I will vote against Clemson every time from here on out. That’ll show you. So there. Damn right.

LSU – I don’t know much about WVU in particular, but all Big East teams are pussies, so I’ll go with the Tigers.

ASU – do not know, do not care.

-

Woody's Scoredcard

OK St over TAM... Is it considered "starting a new tradition" if you move to a new conference but repeat the same thing... losing?

Bama over Ark... I hate making this choice. I want Ark to win, not that I like them or anything, and they might. But based on the schedule so far, Bama has at least been moderately challenged. One thing going for Ark is that the game is in Bryant Denny and Bama's recent home record is worse than it's road record. But maybe that stat is skewed because Auburn owns Alabama in Bryant Denny.

FSU over Clemson... Auburn's defense surrenders yards like the DOW Jones surrenders gains when ever Obama gives a speech about fixing the economy. Clemson isn't really that good.

LSU over WVU... [insert team], you have the crappiest fans and no one likes you!

USC over ASU... I had to resort to a coin toss to tell me Lane Cheater Kiffen was going to win this one.

-

Since you clearly are ignoring my previous C&D letter, can you at least refer to them as "F-ing Clemson" in all future game picks! -- G-Biz

As usual Clemson will be a flash of greatness followed by a dose of mediocrity – Florida State takes it. -- Dave M.

The black bunting of mourning continues to hang throughout the Seminole Nation. Obviously, my team somehow missed the fact that I picked them to win. Please make sure my picks are faxed to each team, each week so they know what they are supposed to do. It seems that there must be a breakdown of communication somewhere along the line. >>>----;;;---;;;------> Go SEMINOLES!!!! >>>----;;;---;;;------> -- Seminole Prognosticator

I'm 11 and 4 going into week 4 without submitting any of my picks cleverly photoshoped onto some chicks boobies so not going down that path just yet. -- DJ U-Explicit Johnson

Thanks for not putting Notre Dame in this week :) They, Clemson and Auburn are seriously unpredictable. I thought the Hot Seat Bowl might be of interest. Nutt is dangerous when backed in a corner. -- Mike W.

I told Steve W. that he needs to try to win this pool so he can buy himself a new sock tie. The old one he's wearing (the same old gold one he wore since your junior year, my sophomore year - no kidding) has faded to a tan-ish color and is now frayed where he makes the knot. If he ever tried to wear it on a plane, he'd get strip searched because some security guy would think he "just looked out of place." -- Rocket Man

Would rather have had the ND game in the picks this week. I never get Clemson game right. -- Aggie Mark

-

Regards from Big O

After much study... thought... guesswork... here are my selections for this week unencumbered by loyalty to my school or dislike for Notre Dame: 1) Oklahoma State (because their offense is better and their minds may be more on moving to the SEC than this game, albeit being a home game); 2) Alabama (while my heart and my druthers rest with the Hogs, you don't remain at the top of our pool picking 11 point underdogs no matter how much you dislike their opponent); 3) Clemson (because I suspect Trickett's son will be the starter and he isn't as good as Clemson's QB, especially with their home field advantage...by the way I actually hosted Coach Trickett back when he was Pat Dye's AU assistant while presiding as President at a LR Alumni Club dinner...he cusses even more than UF's Coach Boom, by the way); 4) LSU (because they will likely finish at the head of the SEC West despite their HC's mistakes); and 5) USC (because you can never expect Arizona State to do what they should, thus leaving USC by default).

-

Poetry Corner with Danny K

There's a game that we play at my house
Watching Saturday football with my spouse.
When my team drops a pass
I slap my wife on the ass
And when they catch it I click on her mouse.

-

Had to call in to The Zone to call a foul on all the grief Archie Goodwin is getting... get in an on-air fight with Justin. Arky fans = bunch 'o haters. -- Mr. Kentucky

Woo-Pig! The season has had a great start but now the Hogs face their first true match up! What a game it should be! Regardless of what predictions are being made... tomorrow at 2:30 the Razorbacks have the chance to make their mark not only in the SEC but in the nation! This is the first conference match up for the Hogs and quite the matchup it should be. We know Bobby can coach and we know the boys can play... we have already seen both. All we have to do tomorrow is execute the plays with accuracy, force, and speed and another ARKANSAS RAZORBACK Victory will be on the board! GO HOGS! -- Randi P

No comments: