Tuesday, September 06, 2011

King's Things

Larry King's People: News & Views

Fort Smith, Arkansas, hello... Thrilling end to the first week of games. This is the first time in pool history two games have produced bonus points in the first week. Could be a wild season... Bad scene on Saturday at Notre Dame Stadium. I haven't heard that many Catholics booing at one time since Father Antony mistakenly invited the Shiloh Christian athletic director to the St. Joe fish fry... Big win on the road in the SEC for BYU. Unfortunately, half the BYU band is now in violation of the Honor Code after a pregame march through the Grove... Who doesn't like eggs?... I'm not saying I called it, but I knew Oregon's offense was in trouble early when one of those signs had a picture of Beano Cook... After the loss to Boise State, Mark Richt's job is so in jeopardy that he got an unexpected vote of confidence from Frank Broyles... In my day, reality television meant kick the balloon on the Bozo show, gang... I love the uniforms the kids are doing these days, but when I see Maryland's helmets all I can think of is the last time I went to medieval laser-tag night at Playtime Pizza.

No comments: