Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Week 14

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

Sue Everybody with Glenn B:

Arizona over Arizona State - this game is a LOCK for Arizona.

South Carolina over Auburn - Ol' Ball Coach has this one in his sights. No offense to Chizik and Malzahn, but those guys still had tassels hanging off the ends of their bicycle handlebars back when Spurrier was in his heyday. I don't want either team to win, I do want Arkansas to go to a BCS bowl, but this pick is all business, Poolsville hardcore. Give me the bonus point.

Virginia Tech over Florida State - VA Tech has overcome an immense amount of self-inflicted adversity, but they are on a roll and will continue to roll, for this season at least. But look for an ascendant Florida State in the coming years.

Nebraska over Oklahoma in the Cornhuskers last Big 12 game. See ya!

Yawn. South Florida wins. Who do they play again? Yawn.

-

I’m not an Oregonian, but how does UConn/USF trump the Civil War? Token Big (L)east game maybe? -- C. Fish

I agree with your take on the championship games in conferences. BCS chaos will break out if either Auburn or Oregon lose. I'm still amused by a couple of the ESPN commentators (especially Rod Gilmore) that still want to bash TCU. I'll be happy for a Rose Bowl birth for TCU though against Wisconsin-if TCU loses badly, those commentators might have a leg to stand on. It's amazing to me how quickly they forget Standord lost by 20 or 21 to Oregon, so I don't see how Stanford could be considered for the mythical title. Also, Oregon has wins over four teams with winning records. I wish someone could explain the SOS component. -- Party P

-

Clearly, my demise must be associated with the lack of proper poetry.

She cleans the house and works all day,
She doesn't have much time to play.
She washes my clothes and fixes my dinnner.
But she never helps me pick a winner.
There in is where the problem lies.
Now ask her again why she's got two black eyes.

-- Danny K.

-

It's desperation time. While I have little hope to close the ranks between me and the leaders, all my efforst are now focused on the Jersey Shore Throwdown. I love Thursday night games... wife is out for dinner with the neighborhood girls... the kids will be in bed by 8:30... then it's just me, the Duel in the Desert, and a mini keg of New Castle Brown! -- Bizzy G

Just because I hate the Auburn fans doesn’t mean I don’t want the SEC in the championship game. War… nevermind! -- Pacheco Punch

For the 2nd year in a row, I'm really crushing it! -- DJ Jazzy Josh

Another 3-2 week, so I’m done. Hotels are booking up fast if you’re looking to go to New Orleans. The Holiday Inn French Quarter looks to be within walking distance of at least two Larry Flynt Hustler Clubs, so I’m there – maybe I’ll go even if the Hogs get screwed out of the Sugar Bowl. -- Jeff G.

-

Seminole Prognosticator Presents:

Arizona State - Arizona
I guess the Duel in the Desert is important to someone. Remember always... It is a dry heat! So is a microwave but you won't catch me living in one!

Auburn - South Carolina
Spurrier... need I say more.

Florida State - Virginia Tech
Who would have thought that not only would Florida State humiliate the Gators, Maryland would beat North Carolina State in the final moment of their game sending America's Team to the ACC Championship Game. How can I possibly go against my beloved Noles!!!

Nebraska - Oklahoma
Grain fed versus beef fed... I love a great steak as much as the next guy but gotta go Grain...

Connecticut - South Florida
After sending Randy Shannon to the employment lines with a paltry 1.8 million payout (my gosh how can the man live??? -- Reminds me of the great one (I just vomited in my mouth) Latrell Sprewell, who during contract negotiations was offended that he was offered but a pitiful multi-kazillion dollar contract uttered these immortal words... "Hey my kids gotta eat." My gosh they must be porkers.... but I digress) South Florida is on a roll.

I am feeling good for my first 5-0 week. Remember, you heard it first right here by the Seminole Prognosticator!!

-

Faldon's Other Five Thoughts:

Arizona — Wait, did I read that correctly? Arizona is playing Arizona State!?! I didn't think that was legal. They're in the same conference!?! Silly Arizonans, they should have consulted with Broyles.

Auburn — Did you listen to Finebaum on Monday after the Iron Bowl? It was the best thing on the radio ... well, on the radio as streamed through my computer. Yes, yes, his show is Alabama-centric but how is it not on in every SEC state? Next to Tony Kornheiser, Finebaum's radio work is the best sports talk you can listen to most days during football season.

Virginia Tech — Why don't other schools play Beamer Ball?

Nebraska — The Big 12 declined delivering the North trophy to the Cornhuskers' final game in Lincoln. Seems they feared for the safety of the conference lackey assigned that job. Really? Really!?! You mean to tell me the Big 12 couldn't hire some off-duty cops to protect the guy? As much money as athletic conferences pull in, the B12 could have hired Blackwater (or whatever that band of mercenaries ... err, security contractors ... call themselves now). If it seems like the conference was giving Nebraska the finger, it's because it was.

South Florida — Key West > West Haven

-

Although, how can you not love the last game Nebraska plays in The Big 12 being in a championship against Oklahoma? That just feels right. -- Danny K.

No comments: