Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Week 13

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

Tough, tough week. This could be really good, really bad, or just average. I've picked against Auburn for the first time this year and picked Notre Dame for the first time this year too. Oh man. I'm nervous! -- Danny K.

But for Notre Dame, I would be in the top group. I may as well ride them all the way to the bottom. -- Dipes AKA Night Life Man

Auburn - I was going to saying Running Back U but since Shawn Alexander has more rushing yards than any Auburn RB it might have been misconstrued. -- Sir Thomas

I would rather take a loss than pick an Oklahoma team. -- Steve S.

Here's to a second straight 5-0 week, and the "too little too late" run for second place... or at least the "A" group! -- Alex Player

Is Mitch Mustain's mother making the call on Barkley playing? -- Sean O.

-

Faldon's Other Five Thoughts:

Auburn — Oddest thing about games at MSU? They've not taken John Bond, the former QB who is hip deep in Newtongate, off the pregame videos. There he is telling fans to "Ring Responsibly." There is he encouraging fans to join some high-dollar booster club. There he pitching condos that, oddly enough, cost less than a top-notch run/throw QB.

LSU - Hopefully the Bayou Bengals will lose that hideous Golden Boot trophy before the 2011 game. And, if they do, I hope it's replaced by an actual Golden Boot. Maybe a 24k Wellington as a nod to both the agricultural and hunting traditions in both states.

Florida State - Remember when this game used to matter?

Oklahoma State - Even if Mike Gundy wins a mythical national championship ("mythical" until there's a true playoff system) will he be able to live down the "I'm a man! I'm 40!" rant? And has it already been three (3) years since that magical day?

Notre Dame — Regis Philbin > Dr. Drew

-

Jeff G's Weekly Analysis:

Auburn - interesting line. Not sure what to make of that.

Hogs- I like our chances. I thought the MSU game would be the big test. Nice to see someone had sense to move the game to Sat, too.

FSU - I have given up all faith in Florida. I just could not believe they can be that bad (see USC game) when the title is on the line.

OSU - I would have taken OU if bonus points were available.

Are you kidding? (translation - USC. Big. I’ll even pull for Kiffin.)

No comments: