Friday, October 22, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Week 8 Friday

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

Sue Everybody by Glenn B.

LSU dumps Auburn - Cam Newton is taught that even he is subject to the laws of nature and physics. LSU, on the other hand, is not.

Wisconsin over Iowa, only because I prefer cheese over corn.

Oklahoma State over Nebraska - the children of the corn continue to weep.

Miami over North Carolina - Miami wrote the book on recruiting violations and will not be upstaged by newcomer UNC.

Oklahoma over Missouti - not even close.

-

An ode to my trip this weekend to see the Longhorns play Iowas State in Darrell K. Royal Stadium in God's Country.

I'm glad that I'll be out of town
when this week's Hog football goes down.
I just can't stand to hear one more whine
about the touchdown that wasn't, at the goal line.

-- Danny K.

-

Jeff G's Weekly Analysis:

Nice jump up the standings for me last week.

The bad calls did not cost us the game – Auburn’s 65 points did. Speaking of bad calls, I might go 0-5 this week – these are tough.

Auburn – Another one where my pick would be different if it was at the other stadium.

Iowa – Wisconsin looked good last week, but I don’t think they can take that intensity on the road.

OSU – going with the ‘dog at home…and the bonus points.

UNC- I can’t stand Carolina and I really don’t know why I’m picking them, but here we are.

OU – Not sure what to think about this one either.

-

How about we call the Bowden Bowl the "Uncomfortable Selection Bowl"? -- Robb O.

I find the more time I spend writing an antedote about how I made my picks, the worse I do in the results. -- Bizzy G

No comments: