Thursday, October 07, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Thursday prediction line

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

"And That's the Way it is Today" by Moose:

1) I was flashed by a couple of girls on Hwy 55 while driving to New Oleans today. They were from Michigan! - WooHoo Michigan!

2) Hattan left a nice stain on the back of my shirt during a round of the traditional IC grade school game of "Buns Up" in 5th grade, not normal. - Arkansas BEAT Aggies!

3) My old boss was a dick. He was a Gamecock fan, too. Go figure. Hmmmm, Go Bama!

4) Did I tell you what happened to me on my way to New Orleans today? I'm thinking LSU.

5) I know that the huricane season is not over, but a low pressure system is dominating Florida this weekend, Florida State that is!

-

Five for Five with Mickey D:

Go Blue, of course! (I will be in Ann Arbor at this game cheering for U of M and hoping DRob can hang 500+ in offense on Sparty; However, DRob will never compare to Cryin Mallett as Mallett is the front runner for the Heisman (in delusional R-Kansas' fans minds only));

R-Kansas (As much as it pains me to pick the Hogs, their trip to Jerry World will be rewarding as A&M just doesn't have the firepower to match up; Sherman should go back to the pros as a coordinator. How can you have 3 straight top 20 recruiting classes and still suck?!?);

Gotz to go with the GUMPS (The ole Ball Coach hitched his wagon to Stephen Garcia who is more concerned with drinking alcohol and sniffing cocaine. Satan wins another tough one on his way to the easy part of the schedule);

Florida (Clock management appears to still be an issue with Michigan Man Les Miles. They must not have offered that class in Ann Arbor when he was in school?); and

Miami (Can you say WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE RIGHT!!??)

-

Faldon's Other Five Thoughts:

Michigan - Denard "Shoelace" Robinson has a great nickname. Whatever happened to athletes having great nicknames? The Galloping Ghost, the Yankee Clipper, Oil Can Boyd and Mean Joe Greene nod with approval at Shoelace.

Arkansas - Which sets up a top-10 game against Auburn next week, and we all know how Arkansas does in those.

Alabama - The Ole Ball Coach might pull the upset though.

Florida - If only because Urban Meyer won't have 37 players on defense on the final play of the game.

Miami - South Beach > State Capitol

-

Jeff G's Weekly Analysis:

I'm going to be at this A&M game this weekend. First time to see the new Jerry Jones Shrine. You’re right about those 6-point spreads - somebody knows something. I'm not going to fall for your temptations of bonus points this week.

MSU - Gotta keep riding the Spartan train.

Hogs - I like the idea of the SW Classic. It's good to relive old hate. And you know how much I love hate.

'Bama - at first glance I would not be that surprised if USC pulled the upset. Then I watched that 'Bama/Florida game. One of the SI guys said it best when he characterized ‘Bama as the Death Star.

Florida - not sure how long LSU can go on living on the edge. If this was in Baton Rouge I would have taken the Tigers though.

Miami - Miami beat the hell out of Pitt and I think Pitt is better than FSU. Add to that the history of this game and I think Miami takes this one easily. Jinx.

-

This is an easy week. But, we'll run the model anyway. Norman - your days are numbered. -- Sal

I need about five straight 5-0 weeks. How embarrasing. Stanford, too smart for its own good... -- Dean of Sportswriters

It's eerie how well you know me. The celebratory bonfire following the Ags win over the Hogs will surely sear the eyebrows of every young Cub Scout in attendance at our campout. And, since my wife is a Mizzou grad, we did have to name one of our pets after Truman the Tiger, much to my dismay. Everything else is spot on. -- Aggie Mark

Gotta try to make up some points this week. There is no way Beranek should be that far ahead of me. Go Hogs, don't let me down! -- Tom Van Damme

Regarding your reference to "Gig'em", is this related to a "gig line" as in the allignment of shirt to buckle to fly on military uniforms (which of course stays with us for a life time when dressing for whatever)? If so, I assume it comes from the A&M military students. Just curious. -- Big O

Memphis -- So as I wait for my flight to Boston I ponder some cosmic irony. After three Saturdays of consecutive college football for at least thirty hours of TV watching, this Saturday will be football free as we wander the highways and biways of scenic Vermont and New Hampshire for a full day of leafing. The things we men do. As a special bonus she's picking. Wish her luck. -- Jeremy P.

You should have gone with the Tennessee/Georgia game and made it an underdog pick. That would have been like being back in college, being drunk at a party somewhere, and trying to decide between going home with a fat chick or taking it home "solo." -- DJ U-Explicit Johnson

I'll take UM cause the criminals are playing at home -- their players don't have to worry about leaving the county and violating probation. -- Steve N.

No comments: