Friday, September 17, 2010

Live Fan Feedback: Friday style

Comments on the week from our expert panel of reporters, bankers, doctors, lawyers, ad wizards, lawn guys, bond guys, car guys, pilots, priests, principals, builders, teachers, bums, and nomads.

Continually updated throughout the day...

Jeff G.'s weekly analysis:

UGa - Petrino has yet to prove he can win on the road and Richt is a better coach.

Clemson - I think Clemson is for real this year - jinx.

Texas - you should poll all the participants and tell Sullivan how many of us picked UT v TT.

MSU - in-laws from E Lansing and Spartan season ticket holders plus my ND hate (not satiated by the UM loss) = easy pick for me. Now they just need to not choke like 4 years ago. Yes, I remember that far back.

Arizona - when in doubt, take the underdog at home.

-

From the Bench Bonus Edition:

Arkansas - My gut says Georgia, but I am going with the brain trust on this one because the last two weeks when I go away from them I have lost. The two guys on the brain trust that are not Hog fans say the Hogs.

Auburn - Have you heard the joke that the only difference between Clemson and Auburn is a lake? It always gets me. It's funny because it's true.

Texas - I am not sure why this game is even close on the spread. Texas owns Tech. I think Tech will also just throw the game since Texas allowed Tech to stay with them in the Big 12 as homage to them.

Notre Dame - I swore after last week that I would never pick Notre Dame again no matter the circumstance. I have never picked Notre Dame in this pickem and have them win. My brain trust tells me otherwise. They feel it's a lock. They don't believe State has the same speed as Michigan to exploit the slow Irish defense. They also don't believe Brian Kelly will lose two in a row.

Iowa - This is by far the toughest pick of the week. Coin toss says Iowa. Brian trust was scared to commit, but leaned toward Iowa.

-

Week 3 Poem:

The football weekend is finally here
So I tell my wife to grab me a beer
On her way back to the den from taking a pee
As I make some predictions of things we will see.
We'll see Texas put it to the stupid Red Raiders
Then flip off the camera to all of their haters.
The Cougars shoot it out with UCLA
Because their defense cannot make a play.
Little Rock Central will lose it again.
Still looking for that one elusive win.
Ryan Mallett will not strike his Heisman pose.
And Erin Andrews will iron her clothes.

-- Danny K.

-

Michigan State -Please don’t torture us with Midwestern football. All of the teams are terrible. -- Joe C.

I've given up on trying to counteract his submissions... they're in a league of their own. At this point, I'd almost be happy if he went back to using sexist, big busted women in hot pants compared to the last two entries. -- Robyn E.

Just can't do Arkansas again this year. They've burned me too many times in the past. -- Tom Van Damme

Let's see James Madison, signed Declaration of Independence (check), 3rd Pez (check) and most importantly giving VT the "what, what" in the pig skin smack down. -- My D.

Georgia... I hope Petrino re-educates me, but for the past 30 years we lose this game 9 of 10 times...ugh. Iowaa... I hate even typing that - thanks for nothing! -- Alejandro O.

Arkansas -- Yeah, it's a heart pick, but I'm a Bills fan, I have to have something. -- Dave M.

I mean what are the chances of finding a picture of a meerkat making 2010 Week 3 college football picks WHILE getting a BJ? -- DJ U-Explicit Johnson

No comments: