Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 13

"No A&M-Texas game? It's the Thursday night upset special - or possibly a miserable blowout that everyone turns off in the 2nd quarter." -- Aggie Mark

"I don't think LSU loses two in a row, and I don't think they lose to us three years in a row, but I'm to far out of it to matter so I'm picking with my heart." -- Brian R.

"Love me some Clemson..." -- Robb O.

"I'm still chasing that point from the Cincinnati Thursday night game when I was in Nowhere, Mississippi. Aaaargh!" -- Danny K.

"Oklahoma - now I have to say that's its awesome that we're still the favorite. Bet a lot of this group will pick the upset, but it's in Norman... been an odd season on the road but 29-game win streak at home.Even Switzer and Wilkinson didn't do that." -- Sean O.

"Breaking my longstanding rule of not betting on Arkansas." -- E-Man

"And the Fighting Texas Aggies to turn the BCS on it's ear as night falls on Thanksgiving!" -- Aggie Jason

"Is Les Miles a dumb ass or what? He is so over-rated." -- Yo Sal

"Stanford – This might be a first ever for me. I’ve lost faith. That’s probably a sign that we’re ready for a change. I think (hope) God will punish me by making me miss out on the 3 points from an Irish win. Either way, confession is in order." -- Wuje the younger

"Of course you are forgiven for the major faux pas of not including the Florida State - Florida game as one of the game picks of the week. Forgiven yes.... not forgotten - you better watch your six (military lingo for watch you back!!!) I do realize you want my pick for that game as well.... UPSET OF THE WEEK - FSU over UF!!" -- Seminole Prognosticator

"Following the same logic… vote against Arkansas = a win for Arkansas." -- Jason C.

"And, as long as we're talking rivalries: Mizzou over Kansas! GO TIGERS!" -- Dorian W.

"Thanks for no Iron Bowl, I would hate to possibly have to pick uat...." -- Jeff K.

"I’d like to see us take another one down there, especially since a Cotton Bowl berth may be on the line (I REALLY don’t want to go to Memphis or Shreveport), but I did not like the way MSU ran over all us last week. It will interesting to see how LSU bounces back from that Ole Miss fiasco." -- Jeff G.

"Pitt - Because there has to be one decent team playing at Heinz Field [/disgruntled Steelers fan]. Oklahoma State - Stoops already has Touchdown Jesus on his mind. Stanford - Even the Pope thinks Weis should be fired. " -- Hog Tattoo

"Matt, are you and your family members trying to monopolize the top tier?" -- School of Noise

"Clemson smokes SC (but if SC wins, then the SEC is much stronger than the ACC)." -- Steve N.

"I can't believe you have left off the biggest and most intense backyard brawl of all. Regardless, Trey and I will be there Friday afternoon, supporting our Tigers while Lee and Kathy will be getting over being at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NY. Anyway, here are my miserable picks (sure will be glad when this year is over and I can start anew with the Basketball NCAA picks): 1) West Virginia (hard choice given my love for the city of Pittsburgh, but the female Mountaineer is getting stronger each week with those pushups); 2) Clemson (because those Tigers can be tough except last year when they let Bama embarass them); 3) Oklahoma State (I just have no faith in OU's abilities this year); 4) Arkansas (because Miles is by far the poorer coach, notwithstanding the better talent); and 5) Stanford (and yes, Weiss is toast... hope they offer Coach Little Bit, $aban, a Pot full of Gold to go there since he no longer owns the Alabama football recruits in state). Just remember, Trey and I were there at Jordan-Hare 20 years ago to witness the undefeated Tide ranked 2 nationally go down to a more determined group of Tigers. History can repeat itself... just have to have faith, baby." -- Big O

"Having to "watch" the games on espn gamecast on your phone while driving across Kansas pretty much sucks. However, the fact that that's even possible - pretty cool." -- Private Smith

No comments: