Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 12

"You just summed up the problem with the Pac 10. They actually worry about their bands and what they do." -- BR

"I can't see Les Miles loosing to Nut (again). Tigers please, please play well !!!!! Michigan State pushes JoPah toward retirement. Go Spartans. Stanford wins the battle of the brainiacks." -- Steve N.

"BC over UNC... UNC basketball has started. Even the football players moved on to watch how the team performs after losing 3 first round draft picks." -- Lee D.

"The Seminole Prognosticator is slowly by surely moving up in the rankings. Golly, another 27 weeks and by gosh the top spot would most certainly be within reach!" -- Seminole Prognosticator

"Unsure of the LSU – Ole Miss but thought I would give Houston some respect if he wins." -- Wes W.

"How many times did we pile into our stadium in record numbers for a big game like this just to suck eggs... Your turn now, Col. Reb!!" -- Dr. Alejandro

"This has been my worse showing ever, but unlike the few people in the ranks below me... I'm still putting picks in. I would appeal to the judges that anyone who discontinues putting picks in, should be ineligible for the last place free entry position. It takes real bad luck to actually put picks in week after week and still do so poorly vs. just quitting the pool and coasting into last place. That said, Here are my picks. 1) North Carolina or Boston College - whoever wins (but if I have to pick one I'll go w/ BC but only because they have equal opprtunity cheerleaders. I knew two girls that were previous cheerleaders there and they were both UGLY as sin - I know that sounds mean - but it's the truth). 2) LSU or Ole Miss - whoever score more (fine.. LSU,,, decision based on cooler helmet)." -- The Biz

"This is the point in the season when it becomes interesting. Two Pac-10 games? I’d rather try my luck with the ACC. I could go 0-5 as easily as 5-0. Spurrier says he’s staying at SC. If they get whipped in Columbia by Clemson again (I hear from a Clemson grad, but cannot confirm, that USC has beaten Clemson in Columbia a grand total of once since 1978), the decision might be slipping out of his hands." -- Jeff G.

"Unfortunately, Hooten Dale can pull these off. Spartans won't even need Spartacus to win this one. The Cardinal will roll like they did when Tiger Woods was there. The Quack Attack will dodge the Wildcats on opening day of Quack Killing Day." -- Robert N.

"BC - Because one Catholic college needs to field a decent football team in this country." -- Hog Tattoo

"In the Battle For The Pimp Cup game, I will be rooting for Ole Miss to hand LSU a loss as we all know what that would mean for our Arkansas Razorbacks a week from now. All signs point to another big day for DMacII which is the reason for me knowing Hootie will screw this up and lay an egg. LSU wins by 4." -- Moped Boy

No comments: