Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 10

"I'm not falling for your trick of picking for bonus points... All favored teams and probably another 2 - 3 weekend. There is a reason Brent goes overboard on the Blackshirts... They deserve it! Suh for Heisman Baby!" -- Blackshirt Ryan

"I have yet to pick an Arkansas game correctly this year, I hope I start now." -- Brian R.

"I may be nuts, especially since I seem to be the only one with faith in USCe, but travel along with early game and emotions after UT, gotta go with Bobby P." -- Jeff K.

"Do you think Spurrier is done after this year? He’s got to be missing the golf course right now. The Tide’s weakness is at QB, but with that line and Ingram, it doesn’t matter that much. Until Pryor can prove he can make a decision beyond which direction to run, I will pick against OSU. Classic trap game for the Pac-10 leader, but Oregon appears to have a little more focus than those primal scream head-cases at USC." -- Jeff G.

"Some of my picks aren't necessarily b/c I think these teams will win; but I am WILLING them to win!" -- Dorian W.

"Tell Margot and Janis I want some of the water they are drinking. Well, I think they are drinking water." -- School of Noise

"Ahhh, fall is in the air and so are footballs. Does it get any better than this? Well, to be honest it does but football season is pretty dang sweet! Started slow and gaining momentum is SP's way of doing things! The Sem Prog is feeling good this week and thusly will share his keen insights into this weeks Gridiron Glory. To all my dear Arkansas friends who are die hard fans, please forgive me for picking your team. My track record this year has been pick Hogs, Hogs lose. But I have soiled myself enough this year and just can't pick the Gator anymore. Probably going to be Bama but I need the upset points so get a bit tipsy, start a fight, marry a cousin and Geaux Togers!!! Tough call but I think OU is OK so NU is PU! SEMINOLE TRIVIA: Did you know that Florida State has one of only two collegiate circuses in the United States. A unique tradition on the campus of The Florida State University since 1947, the Circus is a year-round program in which FSU students can participate. I have been told I am a clown but this circus actually does have them as well as trapeeze and high wire acts. Really a cool and unique deal." -- Seminole Prognosticator

"While trying to send you my picks just now, our dog (Rowdy) just grabbed something off the table and I've just chased him all over the house to get it back... even at my age, persistence wore him out. Isn't the 'companionship' of a 74 pound lapdog just great? Almost as much work as raising two boys. Anyway, here they are: 1) SOUTH CAROLINA (for no other reason than to take a risk to catch up with the field which I assume will pick the Hogs out of loyalty); 2) LSU (because it might eliviate some of the 'man love' for everything lil' bit found amongst most sports talking heads such as the disgusting Vern Lundquist and admittedly a current strong dislike for AU's cross-state adversary); 3) OHIO STATE (because I need the extra points to catch the boys and that overrides my dislike for the Buckeyes); 4) OREGON (because it isn't quiz time nor a uniform beauty contest); and 5) OKLAHOMA (because Chizik's boys at ISU decimated the Cornhuskers earlier this year). Well, guess I'll have to figure out how to get our game through pay-for-view against that powerhouse Furman (at least they have won a few games this year) Saturday since the War Wagon needs resting." -- Big O

"My lesson for David - don't pick a game just for the extra points! I bet you he is picking almost every team with extra points. It will be interesting this week!" -- Kay S.

"Gotta go with underdogs to have a shot...but I will never pick against the Hogs... ever" -- Jimmie D.

"Big 10 is terrible… can we get rid of this conference?" -- Joe C.

"In 2005, I sucked in the pool and things turned out good for the Horns, so I’m hopeful this year. We’re going to Pasadena baby!!!" -- Yo Sal

"I'll throw in UH as an underdog bonus. They are actually 2 point underdogs to Tulsa. So if I get all 6 games right, how many points is that worth?" -- Danny K.

"It'll be bird v. bird (Ducks v. Hawkeyes) for the national championship - when was the last time that happened (and yes, both Florida and Tejas will drop one before January)." -- Glenn B.

No comments: