Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 8

"I'm not entirely down on our Lord and Savior Gus. But he has to get some some players and I don't think they have any QBs committed yet." -- Jeremy P.

"One thing that the Seminole Prognosticator has been incredibly consistent at is picking Arkansas to win and then they lose. Sorry my dear Razorback fans but I am picking your team to win this one which assuredly guarantees that they will lose. SEMINOLE FACTOID OF THE WEEK: Supermodel Gabriella Reese played volleyball at FSU. How can I top that? Can't be done so see ya next week!" -- Seminole Prognosticator

"Arkansas - Trap game. Most people will pick the Hogs on this pick'em so if you don't and the Hogs win, everyone will gain bonus points on you. TCU - Their coach just keeps winning with average players. Why don't any big schools hire Gary Patterson? LSU - Are you happy Matt? I picked against my team. Maybe it will fire them up.... nah. Too thin at D, the corndogs will run all over us." -- Seve Chang

"FSU: They just had Midnight Madness at Chapel Hill, which in those parts means the end of Football season. They remembered that they are a basketball school and FSU runs wild. Arkansas: The first two times Arkansas was in the picks, my head and my heart disagreed and I went with the wrong one. This time my head and my heart both say Ole Miss sucks, Nutt is overrated, and Arkansas gets payback for last year. GO HOGS! PSU: Generic uniforms and a geriatric coach playing on the road in a conference that can't count. What's not to love?! Auburn: Surely they won't take 3 dumps in a row, right?" -- Brian R.

"Auburn –– gotta do it, if Todd plays well, we win, if not, its over at halftime, besides 4-1 is still good." -- Jeff K.

"Stat of the Week: I’ve found that if I win on Thursday night, I go either 4-1 or 5-0. If I lose Thursday night, then its 2-3 or 1-4. Go Heels. Hogs - for the bonus points. Maybe we’ll win, maybe we’ll be blown out. We need a couple years before beating both Mississippi teams every year is again guaranteed. The Rebels’ loss to ‘Bama was so typical of a Nutt team – play hard for the first half against a superior opponent, then a couple of bad plays takes all the air out and they roll over. The best way to beat a Nutt team? Run the kickoff back for a TD. All the emotion built up by Nutt’s manic presence drains out quick and they never recover. PSU – my Michigan State in-laws would never forgive me for picking Michigan for anything, plus PSU is a better team. And Rodriguez is an ass. LSU – this seems like a gimme for LSU. Am I missing something? I am fascinated by the corndog smell allegation. I’ve never been there – is it true? Is it a consensus or just an Arkansas charge? This issue really needs more press coverage." -- Jeff G.

You forgot a game this weekend...
The Spiked Punch Bowl
Lee Davis - New Orleans/Baton Rouge
2:15 p.m., Friday, Hopefully no station will air it
Line: Beer by 25
* Underdog is worth 3 nights with Bayou Bubba in the local pokey
If I had the money, I would bet on the "over" in this matchup.
-- Lee Davis

"Sign of the apocalypse: TCU-BYU in the Pool!" -- Scott F.

"Florida State - Come on, the team had an Indian throwing a spear into the ground. Who can’t like that? Penn State – I never did like Michigan. Well, there was that one time they had that back named Butch Wolfolk and I thought it was a pretty cool name. LSU – Who does not like a corndog and Trey tells me they smell like it." -- BR S.

"Matt, it has been a crazy year for me. I do not know what the problem is. I can not pick my dam noise." -- Broderick

"You sure picked some ___________ (Xtreme adj.) games this week!" -- David W.

"Because I'm falling into the dismal abyss of the bottom bracket where my father has established residency, I must pick the Razorback game for the bonus point. And so I don't jinx the hogs, I'm not doing this because I think they'll win. I'm doing it for the point." -- Brendan

"What? No Clemson/Miami??" -- Robb O.

"We will _____(verb) the _____(noun) out of Ole Miss this weekend! Col. Reb will _____(verb) until he____(verb) _____(adj ) _____(Noun) all night." -- Dr. Aristotle Ditka

"How about this Mad Lib? Houston Nutt is a %#$#$%# and a &^%$^%^$. He is so full of !@#@@ that there are parodies of him all over the internet. I would like to see Peyton Hillis give him a big hug and kiss. I personally like to see a bulldozer run over his sorry, no good worthless *&^%$%^& self. BTW I came very close and should have been correct when I told you last week we would go beat Florida and go undefeated." -- Joe C.

"Florida State – because losing the Thursday night game deflates my hopes of a good week of picks quickly. Ole Miss – because Arkansas’ secondary can make anyone look like a Heisman candidate." -- Kate D.

"My favorite opener of the year! You can't go wrong with a good mad lib, I always say." -- Wake 'em up with the Kev Man

"Florida State - North Carolina: Why is this game on here? Seriously, I respect you have some tough decisions as to which games to include, but this one makes no sense. I’m actually irritated by having to pick this completely uninteresting game. Okay, maybe it is just a horrible week for intriguing games, however, I would have taken that opportunity to leave the ACC out of the picks." -- Jerry W.

"This is go-out-on-a-limb week. Fall or fly." -- Lonesome Traveler

No comments: