Monday, October 19, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 7 postscript

"Disappointing weekend. Catholic lost. I wore may USC Sweatshirt all day Saturday hoping to jinx the Trojans against ND. The Hogs getting hosed. Bradford getting knocked out quickly in the Texas game. I am surprised I won a single game this weekend." -- BR Shields

"So based on the current leaders' scores, I wonder how many people are on the verge of giving up. 66 seems like a pretty huge lead when everyone else is below 50, and out of those most are below 40. I do remember, though, that the bowl games can make a pretty big difference. For me, its always been for the worst, though." -- Gary F.

"What’s this crack about the Bishop? You PIRATE!" -- Moose

"My take on your report - It: the Big O taking his delusional prediction abilities (this year any way) to Philly to pull with Lee for Army against Navy this December; Not it: getting back from a home game against one of this year's previously most penalized SEC teams where zero penalties were called against the visitor (possibly the only visiting team ever in my memory to get zip penalties during an entire game - the Wildcats' only flag was picked up) and reading Wally's column about poor officiating against the Hogs. Are you sure Wally wasn't talking about the home field advantage at Fayettville the first half of the previous Saturday (about a 70-yard differential wasn't it)? I can't wait to see how the refs take care of this year's love child - bama - the day after Thanksgiving. What the heck... my spouse, grandkids and I got to sit in the cold and watch Bo Jackson swing a bat again at the Friday night Home Run Derby along with Frank Saunders and other AU baseball pros at the Loveliest Village on the Plains... plus one more lemonade at Toomer's Corner. Life goes on, and hope springs eternal. War Eagle!" -- Oscar

"Is Steve wells going to come back down to earth? And let me tell you… how come the SEC can have a defensive-oriented, no offense, type of game and the media calls that tough football? But when it happens in the Big 12, they say the offense struggled and the teams were unimpressive. OU had nothing to lose. Nothing." -- Yo Sal

No comments: