Monday, October 05, 2009

Letters to Ramon: Week 5 postscript

"You know, technically, I think the LSU game shouldn't count against me given the latest news." -- Andrew D.

"I'd like it noted that I am tied for the lead or lead outright for the Verizon Cup AND the Davis Cup. I must enjoy it now while it lasts because it usually doesn't." -- Trey D.

"It is a lame excuse, but tell it to the bride." -- Mitchell G.

"I would never take a chance and tell the All Mighty Grand Master what to consider, but just for kicks consider this possibility. Course I know Sophie gets tired of putting her paw down on the games in the newspaper to make the picks and I wouldn't want to rattle her. But, have you ever done a five-game all SEC Bonanza Pick Fest? Actually I don't think you have. But if you ever were going to, this would be the weekend with five very intriguing contests." -- Larry B.

"It’s amazing what Wells is doing. The vast majority of the pool this year is below 500. I have to believe the law of averages will start to catch up with him." -- BR Shields

"Nice work. But that should be 15 hours by the toilet." -- DJ Rubber Gloves

"I'd like it noted that I'm trying to be a good father and let my children win - ha. Also, Lee bribed me with a ticket to the Army/Navy game in Philly this year... now if I could only get into my Army greens." -- Big O

"Start looking around for a good spot for Cigar Bill's. And if you know of some Eagle Scouts..." -- Mike P.

"Congrats to the Razorbacks. Clearly playing A&M vs. Texas was a good business decision. WTF is with this Wells dude? He’s gotta to come back to earth." -- Yo Sal

"Matt, this stuff is great!! Thanks for all your work corraling this merry band of Yahoo's!! I am having a blast! Now if my picks could reflect that same enjoyment!" -- J. Kriz

"Glad you all had a great time in DFW. The stadium is amazing - we took the tour in July and there is so much to it besides the stuff that's visible... it's like a mini city. Headed back there on Monday to see U2 - can't wait for that!" -- Jimmie D.

No comments: