Friday, August 21, 2009

The new attitude on the Hill from CEO Long

This comment is from an observer who regularly attends Razorback football practice:

Afternoon practice was called off. I called Sports Information around 3:30 to find out and they switch me to Media Relations office and I got some jerk. You would have thought I was asking him for a loan instead of, “Is there practice this afternoon?” A real jerk. I like Coach P, but it seems like from Jeff Long down if it isn’t some kind of a deal where they are going to pick up a little extra green they could care less about the average fans. (I am still pissed off about the $30 turkey sandwich and a bag of chips we received at the Kickoff Luncheon.) Nate Allen, local sportswriter, said they have been really rude to the skybox people -- “Where’s your payment? It is due in a week” type messages. I might have mentioned this before, but one of the physician groups up here basically severed their ties from doing the Hogs' work. On top of being told to donate $500,000, they were told to reduce their rates. In the past JFB would take them out to dinner wine and dine them. Jeff Long sends a couple of his boys and they put down their demand.


No comments: