Thursday, December 11, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Actual calls from actual listeners...

"Do you have Kirk Wilson's number? Maybe he can get in touch with 'Tim the Enchanter.' I'm gonna' need some magic help to make some of these picks. I think I have as good a chance at picking this week's winners as picking winners at a tractor pull." -- Geoff H.

"I hate you." -- Seth Mac

"You suck, because this throws off my little experiment! Although, to be fair, it is clear that going with Vegas is not very successful! James Madison-can't bet against a founding father!" -- Alex O.

"Probably will be Colt McCoy but I can't write that down with a Sooner in the hunt. Bradford owns like every quarterback record at OU now excepting the rushing ones. Heisman voting is really random, though." -- Sean O.

"I love this week because I never know the winners until you tell me on Monday and then I have to go back again and remember who I picked." -- BR

"The paper-rock-scissors method worked pretty well for me, but I don't believe in using the same method twice. So, I'm using a slight modification of P-R-S called "onesies-twosies". Same challenges as last time, but less fingers used in this method cuts down on the possibility of cheating by any or all digits involved." -- Greg Biz

"If ESPN doesn't show the majority of the SWAC halftime show, it will be the biggest travesty of the college football season. This might be the tightest Heisman race in decades. McCoy and Bradford split the Southwest voting block, opening the door for Tebow's repeat." -- Scott F.

"The Heisman Trophy? Who cares? Yes, that is a protest in light of last year's vote. But I didn't want to burden Matt with so many words." -- M. Steve W.

"I joined Facebook a long time ago and basically ignored it. Finally a few months back my wife and her crowd got hooked and she made me be her friend - since then it seems to have snowballed. High School was the only missing group. It's reached critical mass because now there are people from nearly all of my past lives, school, family, etc. It's pretty strange - I got friended by my young nieces and nephews. I still mostly ignore it but it's a lot easier than keeping up with addresses and phone numbers." -- Will L.

"I don't believe in the Heisman - no pick." -- Kate D.

"I can take solace in the knowledge that everyone is as clueless regarding these picks as me. So I'm going to be use as little imagination as possible and hope those around me falter. As for the Heisman, maybe my SEC prejudice comes into play here, but Tebow appears (to me at least) to have contributed even more to Florida's success this year than prior seasons, with arguably a less talented team. I think their win against 'Bama, w/o Harvin, may put him over the top. Going against him is the repeat winner issue, but I don't know how much that plays into voting. I think Bradford, when comfortably in the pocket and in rhythm, is unbeatable. But he showed weakness when under pressure. McCoy might win just from a UT sympathy standpoint, but I think the voters will pick Tebow." -- Jeff G.

"The Heisman Trophy -- Tebow and he should get it since he did no worse than last year when he stole it from DMAC....although I HATE tbo." -- M. Pacheco

No comments: