Friday, December 26, 2008

Jeremy P. submits his picks

As part of my protest against the bowl system, let my lonely voice be heard!

No longer should sports care about the EagleBank Bowl or the magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl. And, what an insult to America, the John Hancock Bowl, named after one of this country's greatest patriots has been replaced by the Brut Bowl! The Brut Bowl? What is the reward, the finest smelling armpit in all the land?

How should I, one who loves my country, be expected to take this slap in the face? I don't and I won't.

Matchups of mediocre teams against other mediocre teams that don't matter and they never have are the basis of the bowl system. The only people who care are the gamblers, the people who pick games for both fun and money. But this is a group of Americans, patriots, who should no longer be vexed by the likes of these meaningless games such as Buffalo and Connecticut, a combined 15-10, in the International Bowl to played in Canada. Canada? An American college football bowl game is played in Canada? This insult to America and freedom-loving Americans everywhere should not stand.

Where do we draw the line?

First it is Toronto, a city where you drive south from Detroit to get to. But then, what's next? Vancouver? Home of the Canadian Hollywood. Then what? Puerto Rico? And since you are already so close, why not just go to Havana and smoke a cigar with Fidel and enjoy your college football game then. America hater!

I, for one, will no longer reward mediocrity. I will no longer pick games that don't matter. And I ask that all of you, unless it somehow involves your Alma Mater, don't pick the games that don't matter either.

I ask, I beg, that if you love America, don't continue to pick the games that don't matter. Because if you, you hate this country and are destroying this nation from the inside.

This has nothing to do with me forgetting to send the picks. Nothing.

Nothing.

So I beg you indulgence and ask that you take my selections for the games that matter.

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
Boise State

Valero Alamo Bowl
Northwestern

Pacific Life Holiday Bowl
Oklahoma State

Capital One Bowl
Michigan State

The Rose Bowl
USC

AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic
Ole Miss

Allstate Sugar Bowl
Utah

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Texas

BCS National Championship Game
Florida

No comments: