Thursday, November 20, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Actual calls from actual listeners...

Jeff G.'s picks:

Having never lived in MS or LA, I don't understand the LSU/Ole Miss hatred. While I certainly don't pull for either team, I don't see much to hate either. Not like Rocky Top or Spurrier or Urban Meyer or Nick the Dick or... Do both states otherwise suck so bad that they need to take out their frustration on each other?

Miami-Georgia Tech - GTech - here we go again, another ACC toss-up. I actually feel pretty good about this one, though. Gambler's famous last words.

Ole Miss-LSU - Ole Miss - What did I say about Nutt a while back? That he wins games he should lose (and yes, I'm conveniently ignoring the "and loses games he should win" part of that statement). I think LSU is in trouble here.

BYU-Utah - Utah - so do the winners get to marry the other teams' wives?

Florida State-Maryland - Maryland - if you were looking for a game with two of the most unpredictable teams in the most unpredictable conference, mission accomplished.

-

"Not exactly correct. You can go to any Mormon Church and they will have the BYU game on. You'll also get kool-aid, cookies and a heaping dose of Mormonism while you are there. Don't bring beer." -- Jeremy P.

"I'm actually warming up to the 'new' Lucy. Old Lucy was pretty much Pearl Jam all day, so I gave up on for a while. I usually stick with the new Ethel, although, I do occasionally give in the the dark side and enjoy the guilty pleasure that is Hair Nation. And on a political note, I'd like to ask our new president NOT to get involved the college playoff debate. There's not much that the government can get involved in and actually make better, so just stick to what you know, Barack. Shortening the regular season to have an 8 team playoff is a terrible idea. I'd get to see my mediocre Aggies play fewer games each year in exchange for watching USC an extra three weeks in a row. No thanks. When has the season ever ended with people thinking that the 8th ranked team should have been the champion? Just add one extra game at the end, which is essentially a 4 team playoff. That's good enough for me." -- Mark H.

"I couldn't reply to all because there were too many addresses, but please let the people know that I said, 'Graham Cracker' Harrell and 'The Dream' Crabtree do not want to see us in Norman this weekend. But I'll let the game do the talking..." -- Cory I.

"I hope Nuttless becomes Tiger Bait." -- Joe C.

"Thanks a lot Roosevelt Noise. Have Miami and Florida State both won at the same time when both are game picks? Don't bother answering." -- Kate D.

"This ACC business is just WRONG!" -- Marvelous B.

"Tuesday November 18, 2008 -- State Police have recovered the body of an adult male from Lake Michigan at 8:45 AM. The victim apparently drowned due to excessive alcohol consumption. He was wearing a University of Michigan jersey, navy blue fishnet stockings and a gold garter belt. He also had a cucumber inserted in his rectum. The police thoughtfully removed the Michigan jersey to spare the family any unnecessary embarrassment." -- Bucidude

"Roosevelt - you're a smart man. I hate picking the Noles these days... I wish Matt would stop picking these mediocre ACC teams that are so inconsistent... but I guess that's why he picks them. We need more Big 12 teams Matt." -- Sal

"I'd like to propose a ban on ACC games for the remainder of the pool... I thought Miami was the hottest team in the ACC???? GT was ridonkulous last night. I think every game I've picked wrong this season has been an ACC game." -- Jimmie D.

"I'm sad that you couldn't find room in there for the Apple Cup." -- Sean O'H.

"In other important news of note, I'm currently listening to the stream of the new Guns N F****** Roses album. Axl Rose!!! I feel 20 years younger, as I have a new Guns N F****** Roses album turned up loud. Key difference, It isn't a cassette and instead a digital stream through a Mac G4 laptop off a myspace page. Technology!!!" -- Jeremy P.

No comments: