Thursday, November 13, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Actual calls from actual listeners...

"WTF!!! No more 'the Rhyme' and Beyond Jazz. I don't approve of this merger." -- Cat Sims

"You know what we need... A term limit on all college football head coaches. This shouldn't be limited to just the President and Congressional leaders, why not expand it to things that really matter like college football. I say if you can't win a conference championship in 4 years it is time to move on, if you win one you get a second term, if you win a national championship you get an additional 2 years. The max any one coach can remain a school is 10 years. By that time, he will have started to piss off the local columnists and alienate at least 50% of the boosters." -- Ryan H.

"I agree with you about Lucy...although when I tuned it in they were playing Beastie Boys which is alright with me." -- Scotty P.

"Ok, I'm 1 point away from the lead.... this is where I lose it. (I changed 3 picks right before I typed... 0-5 for sure.)" -- Seth Mac

"I can't say I'm excited about 3 ACC games being I'm under .500 picking those. I have no real clue when it comes to those western schools. Translation: I'm guessing on all these. And just when I was moving into striking range of Hicks." -- Jeff G.

"BYU-Air Force - BYU - never bet on a service academy to win. Have you seen an Army-Navy game in the last 20 years? Me neither, and I like to watch football." -- Jeff G.

"Okay, add me to the list of people bitchin' about ACC games. I can handle 1, or maybe 2 on a really big week, but 3 is unacceptable. You need to clean up your act." -- Jerry W.

"I continue to enjoy reading your battle with the 'darksiders' and was absolutely amazed at the electoral map. I knew we lived in a state that 'race mattered', but I did not realize to what extent....... and it seems even more so than our surrounding southern states." -- D Romeo

"Such a weak weekend... I might actually spend some time with my family!" -- Ryan H.

"It's sad when I can't argue with you when you say there's basically no big games this week when Auburn is playing Georgia. Sad, sad, sad." -- Seve Chang

"I bet whoever does best picking the unpredictable ACC games will win this thing. It won't be me. Some might say that unpredictability is the mark of great competition - in the ACC it is a mark of mediocrity." -- Kate D.

"If I don¹t do any better, I will have to see Alex for real (I am one step below him in the poles)." -- Pat B.

No comments: