Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Actual calls from actual listeners...

"Okay, I am a big supporter of an NCAA football playoff. However, I have to admit that a lot of matchups (particularly in the Big 12) are more exciting knowing that a loss could leave a team out of the National Championship this early." -- Jerry W.

"TCU-Utah - TCU - Christians v Mormons II - Southpark said Mormonism is the true religion, but we don't care about that. The real question is 'who is better at football?' Jesus 2, John Smith 0." -- Jeff G.

"Notre Dame-Boston College - BC - two things are for certain when you get two micks together: drinking and fighting. When it comes to those, I'll take Boston over Indiana/Chicagoland anytime." -- Jeff G.

"Just mark me down as a 5-0 now. I've got a new method for picking games. Can't give away my secret, but it has everything to do with the alphabet and the sacrifice of two chickens. Don't worry, waste not want not... one chicken hits the grill and the other goes into the soup." -- Greg Biz.

"If the only thing President Obama accomplishes during his term is to institute a college football playoff, he will nonetheless be revered as the equal to Washington and Lincoln." -- Paul H.

"Wow, I can't believe I picked ND AND bama, the presidential election really messed me up." -- Trey D.

"Saw that Obama thing on Monday Night. Poor McCain cited something like 'performance enhancing drugs.' No wonder he lost!!!" -- Steve N.

"Yes, gentlemen, you've heard of the Bentonville princesses, now there is such a thing as a Fayetteville/Springdale princess. I found them this weekend while sitting in the corporate box at the game. Dressed like Paris Hilton with their oversized sunglasses and handbags and undersized sundresses, they had front row seats right by the glass like the Bentonville princesses. However Fay/Spdl princesses are a little older and they don't play Tetris on their regular flip phones. They have iPhones on which they text back and forth to each other. Also they play with their digital cameras on which they view the pictures of who/whatever they did from the night before." -- Cat

"Now that I put this into perspective, not submitting my picks last week is probably my most significant act of unintentional charity this year..... I hope Mr. Hicks and the other competitors appreciate me giving them another opportunity." -- Fleetwood

No comments: