Friday, October 31, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Actual calls from actual listeners...

"I think 3d place or better may be out of reach for me, but I may be able to claim the inaugural Beowulf's Mead, at least that what I'm shooting for. The fact that I live 800 miles away will not deter me in the least." -- Jeff G.

"Oi vey! I'm going with the underdogs in every game. 0-5 here I come! I got a feeling this week is going to separate the folks taking home the prize to those that goes home and cries." -- Seth Mac

"Worth noting that I did terrible before I paid my fee. Now that I've paid, I checked in with a 5-0 week. I think I may have the mojo back. Or probably not. And it isn't that I hate the ACC, I just hate Clemson. Totally different." -- Jeremy P.

"I've resorted to out-sourcing the picks in hopes of getting back in contention. This week: the mother-in-law, fueled by Rosemont Shiraz (a Consumer Reports "Best Buy")...wish me luck." -- Kevin K.

"Go Hogs!!!! I really think we can beat Tulsa, we just need our fans to cheer us on!!! And of course, a precise offense, strong defense, special teams that will just do their job and nothing more (in other words -- if you don't have glue on your hands... just let the ball drop. Better to be safe than sorry!), an accurate kicking team, and an encouraging coaching staff. Put all that together and we got a W! Woo-Pig!" -- Randi P.

No comments: