Monday, October 06, 2008

Letters to Ramon

Randi's motivational speech of the week as she strives to beat arch-rival School of Noise in the standings...

I can proudly say that my little piggies hung in there a lot longer than what I think anyone expected them too. To come from having the back to back beatings that they endured and still be able to hold off Florida from a blowout for 3 quarters, I think that shows some improvement. I honestly and whole-heartedly believe that we will win 1 if not more games this season. We are showing the improvements which means that the team is learning and growing after every game they play.

The Razorbacks put up a good fight for 3 solid quarters holding the gators to a 17-7 lead. I think by the time the 4th quarter rolled around we ran out of steam and got too rattled to where we couldn't settle down and the gators were not letting up.

You have to remember this is a completely different team than what we have had the past 2 years. Everything is new... players, coaches, style, fans. We are starting from ground zero and working on a building year. Which I think we have learned something after each game and shown major improvements. Who wouldn't take last season over this season but nothing about last season is the same except the mascot. We have to support the little piggies that will soon grow to play like HOGS!

How long does it take for a baby to walk??? First they take baby steps and then they can run for days. Think of it like this, a baby starts to walk (on average) between 9-18 months. If we apply that to the developmental stages of the Arkansas Razorback football team you will find that my little piggies are only in month 9 of development. They are still just toddling around, checking their balance, building their confidence, gaining their strength and getting familiar with the process. They have made a few significant steps thus far, and I am anxious to see what more they can do developmentally by the end of the season.

Go Hogs!

-

From Greg Bizz: "I'm calling for a ban of Auburn in further weekly picks. The only thing I am certain of is that I can not count on them, not matter if I bet for or against!"

-

And Sal, one of several Big 12 fanatics, makes a case for the conference:

I need to see more games on this list, going forward, from west of the Mississippi, to feel that this pool is credible as a vehicle for creating interest in our true national past time.

C'mon man... things are about to get really interesting in the Big 12... check
this out... of the top 20 QBs in the nation per NCAA QB efficiency
stats, 6 out of the top 10 are from the Big 12.... 9 out of the top 20.... amazing...

No comments: