Friday, December 12, 2008

Sounding off on the Slabby Award

"BOISE is getting shafted. C'mon they are 12-0 for the season and enough
can't be said about the strength of the WAC." -- Moose T.

"I've anxiously awaited the Slappy ballot. Moreseo than my FWAA All-American ballot or my Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year ballots (things the IRPC can't take away from me). I've debated the strengths and weaknesses of several teams. In the end, I went with the simplest metric wins and losses ... Utah (12-0)" -- Scott F.

"Florida. Not that I like it, mind you, but I don't see anyone beating them. They showed focus and determination against 'Bama and made no mistakes in a huge game. OU won't be able to handle their pass rush and we've already seen that Bradford can be rattled. Plus I don't see OU's D holding up to the pounding. Just like the SEC game - it will be pretty close, but Florida will take the wind out of OU's sails in the 4th and win by at least 10." -- Jeff G.

"The Oklahoma Sooners. Looking forward to the presentation, I think Joe is up for the carrying portion." -- Sean O.

"Oklahoma has my vote for Slabby. Florida is a very close second, but their loss to Ole Miss is worse than Oklahoma's loss to Texas." -- Ryan H.

"USC Trojans. Too bad for them they cannot prove it on the field!!!" -- John C.

"The head to head between Oklahoma and Texas doesn't matter. Florida is the best." -- Brendan O.

"Florida. Although at basically 50% in this pool its apparent I know very little about college football." -- DJ U-Explicit Johnson

"My vote goes to Boise St., because they should be in the championship game." -- Booty D

"Texas. Body of work baby... body of work.... if our safety catches that tipped ball... there would no discussion on who should be #1. No other team can say they were one play away, against another Top 5 team, from being undefeated. No other team. Remarkably, I didn't expect us to be this good this year. Everyone thought next year would be our year." -- Sal

"While continuing my objection as to any selection without playing the bowl games, I'll vote nevertheless for the Florida Gators out of SEC loyality." -- Big O

"USC, of course! If they were not in picture, then probably go w/ Oklahoma." -- Tim Bic

"Oklahoma is the Slabby National Champion. Based on the final AP and Coaches Poll, they beat more teams in the top 25 and their only loss was to the number 3 team at a neutral site." -- Lee D.

No comments: